I Choose Love: An Academic Media Exploration


MFA in Emergent Media | Fall 2016 semester | Causes of Emergence: Programming Languages
Assignment: Open-ended final project written in Processing

Mid-way through the semester I had decided on creating a meditation app of sorts, sort of like matching your breathing to an appropriately paced graphical animation. Then the 2016 election happened and my world felt upside down. I pivoted and began to explore a way to harness my feelings and produce this piece of media at the same time. I landed on this piece. A simple piece still, but something that was superbly challenging as a complete beginner to programming. The piece is called "I Choose Love". It calls an array of images and an audio file, and asks the user to choose Love or Fear at the end of the piece. Upon clicking, the user is taken to a somewhat tongue-in-cheek URL depending on their choice. The interactive program is designed at this resolution as the hope was there would be enough time to port to Android phones, however that didn't materialize due to time constraints.

Note: All images and the audio file are NOT my own. This was an academic exploration of process.


I Choose Love: Academic Media Exploration from Sarah Jerger on Vimeo.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Archive

About

Sarah Jerger
Burlington, Vermont
Mom, wife, professional, grad student + maker of things
On a journey to live a creatively-filled and fueled life.
Lover of craft, art, making + slowing down