small bounty

After all the rain we've been having here in Vermont, it was glorious to hit the Burlington Farmer's Market on this sunny Saturday morning. City Hall Park was buzzing with life and I overheard many a tourist saying, "Burlington is so cute" and "Isn't it awesome how many people buy local food?". Yes, on both accounts. It's mornings like this that remind me why I love it here so much.

Since Jay is away this weekend, I only needed to pick up a few things for myself. Behold my small (but beautiful) bounty.

Ginormous and sweet blueberries from Adam's Berry Farm, deliciously creamy goat cheese from Does' Leap, and wonderful red new potatoes, tomatoes, and fragrant basil from a farm whom I've forgotten their name...darn. To top it off, I treated myself to a little flower bouquet (with dill!), complete with tin can vase from The Painted Tulip. Love it. I had a skip in my step and a smile on my face after buying this... fresh flowers will do that to a girl.

If you haven't made the time to visit your local Farmer's Market yet this summer, hop to it... it's a morning well spent and it only gets better as the summer goes on. Oh, and it rained again later this afternoon. Figures.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Archive

About

Sarah Jerger
Burlington, Vermont
Mom, wife, professional, grad student + maker of things
On a journey to live a creatively-filled and fueled life.
Lover of craft, art, making + slowing down