happiness: puppy love

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
- Roger Caras


Sam and I had an impromptu photo sesh today. He's a ham for the camera. Well, he's actually a ham all the time... an all around happy dog. Not a day goes by where he doesn't make me smile.

The simple life...



I often wonder what he's thinking. I'm pretty sure it's along the lines of "Pet me! Love me! Feed me! Ooooh, a WALK?! I love you!".


Who else is a pet lover? Doesn't it remind you that life truly is simple and wonderful? All it takes is to be surrounded by people who love us, allowed to run free, get muddy, bask in the sunshine and every time is as good as the last!

p.s. Thanks to the ever-wonderful Pioneer Woman for the use of her Photoshop Actions which make life a million times easier. Not a Photoshop pro? Me neither, but these are super easy to use and install. On these photos I used her Black & White Beauty along with Boost, with a little by-hand dodging and burning.

p.p.s. New rule: no apologies for the gaping hole in between blog posts. Life is busy for us all, right? So I'm cutting myself some slack. I am, however, making a promise to myself to make more time for the things I really enjoy - one of those being blogging. Kind of a mid-year's resolution. :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About

Sarah Jerger
Burlington, Vermont
Mom, wife, professional, grad student + maker of things
On a journey to live a creatively-filled and fueled life.
Lover of craft, art, making + slowing down