the inspiration vault

Note: I wrote this post a few days ago, before the terrible tragedies took place at Sandy Hook Elementary School on December 14th. It doesn't seem quite right to publish this lighthearted little post with my heart feeling so heavy and without at least acknowledging the recent events.  I've cried many tears over the young lives that were hideously taken on Friday in my home state of Connecticut. I pray that the victims' families receive all the support and love that we as a collective human race can muster.
-----
Looking back through old blog posts the other day after resurrecting this space and found this post where I blogged about what I would want a nursery to be like if I ever had a kiddo... over 3 years ago. I had completely forgotten about this post and the inspiration photo, but our minds (and senses of style perhaps) work in mysterious ways.

 :: image courtesy of Design*Sponge ::

When I found out I was pregnant (Hurray! It look long enough, but that's a story for a different post), my first thoughts went to the nursery, naturally after telling hubs and being so excited I could barely breathe and my heart was all aflutter. I dreamed of aqua walls and swaths of crisp modern white with punchy accents of yellow. Sound familiar? Uncanny really.

So I went about my daydreaming and mentally put together the nursery in my mind, knowing just the vibe I was going for. (Confession: I actually awoke one night at 3am and couldn't go back to sleep until I measured out the room, cut to-scale pieces of furniture out of graph paper, and then arranged the space in 2D. I have a problem. I know.) Gender didn't matter... this beautiful room would be gender neutral and allow the slightly neurotic planner in me to begin the overhaul of the guest room even sooner.

The room is still evolving. And while I've made some sacrifices (not buying that fabulous white high-gloss IKEA bookcase) and re-purposing perfectly good furniture from other rooms instead, I'm really happy with how it's coming along. More posts soon on the projects I've been working on and a nursery reveal, but here's a little sneak peek.

:: Hubs resting after a busy weekend of nursery makeoverness (in all its Instagram glory) ::

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Archive

About

Sarah Jerger
Burlington, Vermont
Mom, wife, professional, grad student + maker of things
On a journey to live a creatively-filled and fueled life.
Lover of craft, art, making + slowing down