love fest

Our friends, Jim and Logan (the ones who moved away) were married in January. For Logan's bridal shower in November, I wrapped her gift in this cool paper and made a coordinating card. Why? Cause I'm a geek like that.


I love this polka dot paper. I got it from my young neighbor who was making the rounds doing catalog sales to raise money for her school... of all places. I also love buttons to pieces and adore the play between the brown dots and the brown button. Geekdom and all, the martha-esque wrapping was a big hit at the shower.

For their wedding, which was beautiful and wonderful and a blast beyond all blasts, this card made its way into the card box. A fun mix of fabrics is sandwiched between the paper and stitching. I love the different textures of this card.

I found a touching poem to print inside the card, which was new to my eyes although very well known, i carry your heart with me by e.e. cummings. It is one of the most beautifully and visually unique pieces I've ever read. The full poem can be found here.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Archive

About

Sarah Jerger
Burlington, Vermont
Mom, wife, professional, grad student + maker of things
On a journey to live a creatively-filled and fueled life.
Lover of craft, art, making + slowing down