le scoop

Some exciting things have been abound recently. Here's the long overdue catch-up post!

1. I've been working really hard on creating lots of goodies for Champlain College's Craft/Bake/Book Sale on December 8th. (Sneak peek previews are throughout this post.) If you're on Facebook, you can find the event here. If you're not on Facebook, well by golly, why not?! Just kidding. The event is from 11am - 4pm in the Hauke Conference Room (Hauke building, Maple Street, Burlington). You'll find lots of crafts made by Champlain Staff, Faculty and Students, plus a bake sale with delicious treats, a book sale for delicious reads, and a raffle with delicious prizes! Stop on by if you're in the area and come visit me!
So far I've been working on patchwork scarves (on warm, cozy charcoal fleece), sewn gift tags, greeting card sets, and button tacks & magnets. Up on tap to work on over Thanksgiving break are more 2010 calendars, pillows, fabric covered notebooks, and more holiday paper goods.
(Making this list public helps me get it all done, so bear with me!).
2. I absolutely love having my Etsy shop and selling my goods. Packaging up orders has got to be one of my favorite parts. I have such a weakness for cute packaging. I'm really jonesing for some sweet Japanese masking tape. Maybe Santa will put some in my stocking. :-) After the Champlain College craft fair, I will be stocking up my Etsy shop again for the New Year. I had big hopes of doing an official grand opening of my shop in October and a big push for the holidays, but alas, I ran short on time and energy. I decided to not stress out about it and just do what I
can. I think I'll do an official launch mid-January to coincide with my two year blogiversary.
3. Today I was featured in a Treasury for the first time. Well, not me per say, but my 'ho-ho-ho' button greeting cards. It feels so awesome to have my stuff recognized this way. You can find the Treasury here until Friday. Thanks, NumericDesign for featuring me! (Really cool stuff in her shop, check it out!)


4. I discovered Nido in downtown Burlington last week. I walked in and felt instantly at home... all of my favorite things in one place. I felt how I imagine I would feel if I walked into Ink & Spindle (I have a huge crafty crush on Lara Cameron). Anyway, all I will say is that it is beautiful and I cannot wait to take a class there and hang out with modern craftistas! Who wants to go with me to the fabric printing workshop January 17th?!?! If you live anywhere close to Burlington and love designer fabric and lush yarn in a hip setting, this is the place to be.

5. I'll spare you all the puppy-love, but by God, I love our dog. He's the best. Nuff said.


Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! I know I have a lot to be thankful for this year. I hope you can spend some time with those you love and are thankful for within the following days.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About

Sarah Jerger
Burlington, Vermont
Mom, wife, professional, grad student + maker of things
On a journey to live a creatively-filled and fueled life.
Lover of craft, art, making + slowing down