time sweet time

Holy cannoli, blog! How I’ve neglected you so. I have no good excuses for not updating, other than the fact my life has been pretty nutty as of late and has just recently calmed down. I hope to keep it that way… tidal waves can be invigorating, but also downright draining. Here’s a sampling of what’s been up over the last 4 months. I’ll spare full details as this post will be entirely too long anyway.
  1. Traveled to South Africa for a week to conduct research for the EMC Game to End Gender Violence Project. There are not enough words or pictures to describe our amazing experiences, but we tried.
  2. The EMC uprooted our small garage-band operation and moved to a stellar custom-designed space in the historic Champlain Mill in Winooski. You can see Ann's blog posts about our move and new space here and here. We also held a huge Grand Opening celebration that was a huge success.
  3. Jay and I bought our first home at the end of September, sold one vehicle and I became a fan of public transport. The location is super convenient to everything and we love the house and all of its kitschy 1950’s quirks. Plenty of room for the two of us and Buster kitty (and a puppy in the spring!). Projects were abundant, but most of them are completed now (yippee!).
  4. Celebrated our 1-year wedding anniversary mid-move, covered in dust and paint, eating take-out seafood on our new dining room floor. We were exhausted and sleep-deprived, but we wouldn’t have had it any other way.
  5. Lots of dinner parties and entertaining at the new digs, including hosting our first Thanksgiving. Complete with 17 guests it was awesome but a hella-lotta work. I truly love hosting people in our home... all the prep and presentation, not to mention the company, is always so fun!
  6. We rounded out 2008 with our signature whirlwind Christmas schedule… logging over 13 hours and 800 miles in the car, hitting 4 states, and 8 gatherings in 3 days. Needless to say we were pooped, but it just wouldn’t be Christmas without our amazing family and friends.
Ok, are we all caught up now? Good… on with the show. I should mention two things – 1) I’m lucky enough to have a big craft room in our new house and 2) I’ve had the last two weeks off from work to celebrate the holidays and recoup. So, I’ve spent a fair amount of time in my play space and here’s what I’ve made.

Baby Onesies: These were actually made a while ago, but I haven’t posted about them yet. These two sets were made on custom order… one set with yummy foods, the other with cute insects. I love making these.



Dishtowels: Patchwork with Heather Bailey Freshcut fabric on microfiber dishtowels. A gift for my stepmother.



Apple Stuffie: Just because I felt like it.



Oreo Truffles: Made for a bake/craft sale at work (which I am determined to have a table at next year). These are delish and super easy!



Holiday Goodies: Cranberry Almond Bark and White Chocolate Crescents for family and friends.


Stocking Gift Card Holders: Because if I’m gonna give a gift card, it had at least be cute.



Table Runner and Napkin Set: This is a housewarming gift for friends of ours. Logan, if you’re reading, these are SO not for you (*wink*). Heather Bailey Pop Garden fabric and natural linen.


Ok, well I think that about does it. I have a ton of other projects on my to-do wish list and I vow that I will be better about updating in 2009. It’s going to be a great year! I’m resolving to slow down, to take more time this year to take care of myself and appreciate the people and things I have surrounding me which I so often take for granted. Here’s wishing you a heartfelt 2009!

1 comments:

 

Blog Archive

About

Sarah Jerger
Burlington, Vermont
Mom, wife, professional, grad student + maker of things
On a journey to live a creatively-filled and fueled life.
Lover of craft, art, making + slowing down