Him. [5/5 Creative Challenge: Day 6]

He's pretty darn amazing, this father of my child. I always knew he'd be a good one, but it was hard to always visualize it, you know, when you're in your early twenties and babies are a very distant "someday". Fast forward a decade and here we are, living and breathing parenthood and love and the weight of it all. He's patient and kind, loving and tender, and perhaps most of all, a perfect balance to my mothering. He pushes me to let go when I naturally hover over (I prefer to think of it as guidance...ha!) to make sure the babe is ok - "Step back. He can do it." And he does. And I'm a better parent because of it. Lucas is so very lucky to have him as his father and I am so very lucky to have him as my life partner. There's no one else I'd rather be on this journey with. Happy Father's Day, my love.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Archive

About

Sarah Jerger
Burlington, Vermont
Mom, wife, professional, grad student + maker of things
On a journey to live a creatively-filled and fueled life.
Lover of craft, art, making + slowing down